Octapharma
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour Senior Phlebotomist chez Octapharma

Intitulé du poste
Senior Phlebotomist41 avis
Lieu
Tous
41 avis correspondant à votre recherche
Voir les 1 006 avis
Culture d'entreprise
If you are a traveler or like to see family outside of where you live this is not the job for you. If you miss one day you are scheduled eight days to work after that. If you call off sick for one weekend, you are required to work the next four.
Culture d'entreprise
this company was the worst company I have ever worked for. I worked for them for two years in order to gain experience. They will over-work you and keep your under-paid. They do not care about their employees, the managers only concerns are reaching their numbers and passing their audits. Lots of gossip and poor training.
Culture d'entreprise
Great first job for someone looking to get medical experience or currently attending school for medical field major. Pay is decent. On the job training. Full time benefits are pretty great!
5,0
Culture d'entreprise
If your looking for great experience, this is the place to work at!

Clean facility Employees are above and beyond customer service Spacious room sitting areas with plenty of seats Brand new donation areas
Culture d'entreprise
Octapharma plasma midfield is the worst place ever to work at. Management is low down and plays farvortism. And the Donor floor supervisor is evil and anyone she doesn't like the Center director will fired them for her which they were friends before he came there. I worked there for ten years and was lied on to take my job he told the staff that Alabama is at will st
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?
Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment
Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.
Culture d'entreprise
By far this was the worst job I ever had. Management had favorites and will make you feel horrible about calling off. Even though, it's an emergency and will question you. Management will not have your back when a donor has issues. Even though, there was a shooting on our location or the AC wasn't working (per SOP we were suppose to close), management still kept open. They have few people who are exceptional for the rules or the sop. Drama is always at play but management wont discipline their favorites. I've witness numerous violation in this location such as sharps container not being seal for employees. Hospitals and other laboratory doesn't even count this occupation as an experience. Just run!
Culture d'entreprise
If you need experience to get a better job then this place is for you. This is a very fast paced place to work that only cares about its bottom line so expect to always be short staffed. They do very little to work with any type of schedule conflicts unless your one of the favorites even if you make requests months in advance. Shift preference is only given if you are one of the favorites. they will work around school schedules but its like making a deal with the devil.
experience
Points négatifs
schedule, pay, life to work ratio, workplace environment
Culture d'entreprise
I love phlebotomy! I enjoy training others and most importantly I enjoyed the customer service experience. On averaged about 150-200 donors would come in for donation. At times it could be stressful but it was a nice kind of chaos.
Job advancement was easy within your facility but to try for any other advancement outside of your facility such as assistant manager it was not easy unless you have a supportive manager at your facility and wants to see you advancer.
Culture d'entreprise
The story is the same from State to state - people are dissatisfied with working for this company - high turnover , no work - life balance, the management clicks with the supervisors and there is a lot of favoritism company wide. Even to the point of if there was something dangerous going on , I have reported things and the management did nothing ! Nothing !! Something is going to happen to a donor and it’s sad because it is strictly for profit only - donors are also allowed to act like complete animals and you are expected to maintain professionalism while everything is breaking loose. Also .... your supposed to get a meal premium if you work over 5 hours a day before lunch - but they will go into the system and change your clock in time . And the point system they use for tardy or calling in sick is ridiculous- they penalize you for calling in sick which is against the law !! You have 3 sick days to use without Any penalty !! Know that !
Great training program
Low pay
Culture d'entreprise
I learned a lot from this company but most of all is how to work under pressure and how to remain professional despite environmental difficulties. Through this experience it has allowed me to be strong-minded, strong-willed, firm and to stand up for what I believe in. This company can be very challenging due to how well you get along with individuals and the attitudes of others towards you, but if you are someone who can stay focused on your goals and fulfill your purpose to perform your job tasks well, then I recommend this job for you.
Free lunches
Teamwork
Culture d'entreprise
good job , good people , good management, long hours great teammates , no holiday, fair staffing, peaceful place , good pay , good people, everybody is family
Culture d'entreprise
this job was great for me. it was a place where I advanced every skill set I had in the medical field from patient intake to phlebotomy to laboratory work.
Culture d'entreprise
If you aren’t in a click you get no recognition.. No matter how hard you work or try 8 years wasted...Traveling was great but you never received what’s promised..
Culture d'entreprise
The Management are very unprofessional they pay you under what they should been given for the type of job your apply for not clean at all very messy in how the treat their employees.
5,0
Culture d'entreprise
I had an awesome experience with this company. They helped me build up my skills level while boosting my confidence. I grew into other areas such as becoming a Designated Trainer and head of the Safety Committee.
Culture d'entreprise
I have been working here for 5 years and intend to work here until I am finished with nursing school. I really enjoy it here. My coworkers are the best. Sometimes the donors are difficult to deal with but it gives you good practice for real life experiences in health care
Points positifs
Good pay, benefits, managers care about you
Short breaks, sporadic schedule
Culture d'entreprise
There are plenty of opportunities for advancement, however Corporate is very biased. Also upon accepting leadership roles, your life becomes consumed by the company. Assistant Managers and Center Directors ideally work anywhere from 50 to 60 hour days, however they are salaried. There are days where these individual are required to work from 6am to 8pm at night or longer. Quality Assurance Supervisors have it much easier however without coverage, their life also becomes consumed by the role.
Culture d'entreprise
a typical day for me was the clock in and immediate get to the floor nothing more nothing else t o start helping the other shift out we had bays where we had to follow if that was your bay you had it until your shift ended.
holiday cookings
short breaks fast lunches
Culture d'entreprise
Lack of teamwork, management backstabbing and lazy. Management very cut throat. No encouragement they only tell u what you do wrong. Training is rushed you basically learn as you go.
Points positifs
Benefits
Points négatifs
Short staffed never in compliance
Culture d'entreprise
My fondest joy comes from performing Phlebotomy, providing great customer service and providing a great donor experience. The joy of knowing I help get life-saving plasma.
Opportunity for growth
working weekend hours
Culture d'entreprise
I worked in a center that was extremely short staffed. We did way too many donors for how many people we had working. There is zero work/life balance. The work load is usually insane for what you're paid. The management is terrible and never helps which sometimes prevents employees from getting breaks. They usually hide in their office and when you ask for help they basically tell you to figure it out yourself. The only break that is guaranteed is a 30 minute lunch break which is not much considering shifts usually last 8-10, sometimes 11, hours. Most centers are starting to be open on major holidays including Easter, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas. They offer pretty good benefits and you'll have the opportunity to be promoted very quickly, but honestly it's not worth it.
Points positifs
Promotions happen quickly, little experience needed, good benefits
Points négatifs
No work/life balance, No breaks, terrible management, terrible work environment
Page attribuée
Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?
Posez une question au sujet du travail chez Octapharma ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.
Note globale