Avis des employés pour Octapharma

Voir les 964 avis
Trier par: Pertinence | Note | Date
Culture d'entreprise
Fast passed, product driven, several jobs under one title, wonderful job if going to school
Senior Screener (ancien employé) –  Salt Lake City, UT20 février 2020
When I was working there the advancements were quick if you showed up on time and expressed an interest in being crossed trained but once you do get crossed trained you get up to 50 cent raise for every position but keep your original title (unless it is an official promotion). I was a training coordinator at the Utah location but by company standers there is no official position so my responsibilities were to production (processing donors). I was in charge of new hires filing employee papers in to confidential folders and all new hire training as well as all annual training for the center (including management). At this location and position I was met with push back in completing an employees training (annually) and was expected to maintain this position and to be in production at the same time but the training coordinator job was manly 30-40 hr a week needed and management/corporate expected me to be in production for 30 hr a week. Starting pay is $8 and in 5 years I was at 11.24 hr (with all cross training pay raises)
Worst place to work
Phlebotomist (employé actuel) –  Chicago, IL19 février 2020
The company is in serious need of restructuring. If you're mature, articulate, have morals and self respect.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! Their ghetto, DISRESPECTFUL and troublesome
Points positifs
Benefits
Points négatifs
N/a
Phlebotomist (ancien employé) –  Petersburg, VA18 février 2020
The pay horrible and don’t even think you’re going to get a raise. Management not supportive at all. Management show favoritism to certain employees. The benefits aren’t that great.
fun
Senior Phlebotomist/ DFT/ Floor Supervisor (ancien employé) –  Garland, TX13 février 2020
it was a fun work enviorment when youre good at your job and its football season never seen a place come so alive. I loved it there for the most part.
Culture d'entreprise
Grueling and competitive company in plasma donation industry
Field Training Manager (ancien employé) –  California12 février 2020
This company is excellent to start out in a Plasma Donation Center location and advance within the center and potentially to the corporate scene.

When promoted to the corporate environment it's either sink or swim. My personal experience was that the company was just getting its legs and had several holes in procedures or none whatsoever and I spent the majority of my career there being reactive trying to put out as many fires as possible.

They provide excellent benefits and great 401k options.

They put great emphasis on having a work-life balance, however, it is my personal opinion that these are hollow notions; people rarely took time off in fear of becoming backed up upon return and if you were struggling to catch up constantly - they find a way to "help you out."

Overall it's a good place to work and most likely a lot of the things that were difficult have improved as they showed steady incline toward positive change.
I like working here
Phlebotomist (employé actuel) –  Indianapolis, IN11 février 2020
I only been with the company 6 months and they already have me traveling out of state to help other centers.They are all about growth with this company
Culture d'entreprise
The managers and co-workers very harsh and annoying
Phlebotomists (employé actuel) –  Lynchburg, VA9 février 2020
I can’t work there any more and I don’t think you will like to work if you listening to me. You could work there, but the story of mine is the same you discovered. Am sorry if you think this is not what you thought or expected but it true.
Great Place to Extend Skills
HR Receptionist (ancien employé) –  Charlotte, NC6 février 2020
Feel free to contact company about entry level positions in the donor center locations. Field management positions are very intense and compliance specific.
Culture d'entreprise
Good
They have their ups and downs but this company is well worth working for I'd go back any day I truly would I often still tell people all about the company
Na
Phlebotomist (employé actuel) –  Lubbock, TX3 février 2020
Very unprofessional and do not follow safety policies. Work like and home life do not balance. Supervisors keep you hostage to the donor employee ratio while management sits in office. No fairness to advancemen. Promotions do not depend on ability to perform the job it depends on who likes you and who doesn't.
Very outstanding management
Chandlar, McCullough Donor Center Director (employé actuel) –  Mesa, AZ2 février 2020
Good communication with employees and donors , Teamwork
They are a growing business open opportunity to cross train in different areas. Management takes time to have meetings to discuss our needs and how to make staff comfortable and safe in work area
Culture d'entreprise
Working at Octapharma is good. Great benefits.
Medical Screener (employé actuel) –  Charlotte, NC29 janvier 2020
I go in say hello to everyone I come in contact. The smell of fresh coffee in the air, Nice and quiet before the storm call it.I clock in and help with the days set-up.
Doors open at 7 am. Immediately donors are coming, The process is, the donor go to the Kiosk. Answer a series of questions.next the donor come to me . I asked the donor a series of questions to verify that is the correct individual. After that I proceed to take vital signs and record into system.. Pay the donor for their services..Inform the donor of present and future events Ocrapharma is offering, that can benefit their cause.
Sometimes we go out do little marketing. During the slow moments I would go out on the floor and help co-workers. By clearing area keeping facility safe for donors and co-workers.
That pretty much the whole is pretty much the whole day.
A foot in the door
Senior Phlebotomist Technician (ancien employé) –  Virginia Beach, VA23 janvier 2020
Great first job for someone looking to get medical experience or currently attending school for medical field major. Pay is decent. On the job training. Full time benefits are pretty great!
Fun and upbeat
Lab Processing Technician (ancien employé) –  South Bend, IN17 janvier 2020
I enjoyed working here. Learned alot and got to process information/plasma.Good people and good environment. Would recommend working here. For people from all walks of life
Culture d'entreprise
Please don't waste your time.
Phlebotomist (ancien employé) –  Forestville, MD16 janvier 2020
This job was great starting out. I loved it, great benefits, good pay. After b being with the company for two years and getting fired for no apparent reason. They literally fired people that did the work correctly. Communication was lacking everywhere and management talked to you any type of way like it was ok. I didn't like the energy it gave everyday. Not a good job.. the donors was thirsty and was always trying to hit on me.. it was just GHETTO AND TOO MUCH. but I am glad I could put two years of work on my resume
Culture d'entreprise
It is a job to earn a paycheck.
Senior Lab Technician (ancien employé) –  Indiana16 janvier 2020
As long as you show up and do your work, you get paid. Be prepared to be flexible in the hours you work. Communication is a key factor in working there.
Octapharma
Donor Floor Supervisor (employé actuel) –  Chicago, IL12 janvier 2020
Its An Easy Job, Just Repetition. Benefits Are A Plus. Donors make the job fun. They could pay more for the work that we do. Management sets the pace for your center if they are not on point than your center will be messy.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?Oui 1Non 1Signaler
Culture d'entreprise
wost place in the world to work
Trainer Phlebotomist (ancien employé) –  Columbia, SC11 janvier 2020
Octapharama is the worst place to work. management doesn't want employees changing gloves due to cost. Donors can talk to employees how ever they want. Management never gave breaks. Director of the place was a bully and never did anything but bring people down. In addition the director didn't know how to the job in any department
Points positifs
NOTHING
Points négatifs
EVERYTHING
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?Oui 2NonSignaler
Nope
Phlebotomist (ancien employé) –  Dallas, TX9 janvier 2020
Worst job I ever had. Lack of communication and teamwork. Scheduling was awful. Pay sucked. Employees and management just stood around doing nothing most of the time. It was very dreadful and miserable.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?Oui 4NonSignaler
Pay scale
Screener (employé actuel) –  Charlotte, NC8 janvier 2020
I feel that people who have been there should be paid more or the same as new hires who have no experience coming into the same position. I feel that cross-training should not be required to get more money.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?Oui 2NonSignaler
Page attribuée

Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?

Posez une question au sujet du travail chez Octapharma ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.

Poser une question